ISO 9001:2015 Environmental Sustainability Policy
Cast Products, Inc. (the “Company” or “CPI”) is committed to protecting the environment, the health and safety of our employees, and the community in which we conduct our business operations. In compliance with the prerequisites of ASQ/ANSI/ISO 9001:2015 American National Standard, it is our policy to lessen our impact on the local and global environment by conserving energy; disposing of waste appropriately and reducing waste generation; minimizing pollution of the air, water and soil; and recycling of resources. We are committed to meeting all applicable local, state and federal environmental regulatory requirements.
Cast Products, Inc. is committed to sustainability and making a positive impact on the environment, society and the economy. We recognize that our actions have an impact and we strive to minimize any negative impact while maximizing our positive contribution to the community.
To achieve our environmental sustainability goals, we will:
- Incorporate sustainability into our decision-making processes, from product design to operations and supply chain management;
- Use resources efficiently and minimize waste by implementing sustainable practices and technologies;
- Promote social responsibility by treating employees, customers and stakeholders with respect and fairness, and by contributing to the community where we operate.
- Give preference to purchasing products and services that have the following environmentally friendly attributes with acceptable parameters for price, quality and delivery:
- Minimizes packaging and other wastes.
- Minimizes toxicity.
- Are durable and reusable.
- Are more locally available to minimize transportation.
- Are made from sustainably produced materials.
- Conserve energy, water and other natural resources.
- Where possible, encourage our suppliers to uphold the same sustainability standards that we do;
- Promote employee awareness.
- Report on the Company’s environmental performance in both internal and external communications, where relevant.
- Annually review our Environmental Sustainability Policy.
By adopting this policy, we are committed to operating our business in a sustainable manner. We believe that by acting responsibly, we can contribute to a better future for our company, our stakeholders and the planet.